AN EXPERIENTIAL CPD WORKSHOP
This workshop will be of value to psychotherapists, counsellors and trainees who wish to work with their clients in a more embodied way, and who want to gain skills in working with the connection between mind and body.
In this workshop we will explore the body’s natural resources and self-healing tendencies and learn tools for helping your clients to regulate as well as ways to transform difficult sensations and emotions that clients ‘hold’ in their bodies. We will also explore how to work with the client’s personal boundaries, and how the body can be a powerful resource.
This includes working with grounding and finding a safe place in the body, finding the inner rhythm of pendulation (contraction and expansion), embodiment and working with the ‘problem’ and ‘antidote’ through movement. We will also explore how creative imagination and elemental visualisations could be used with clients who have difficulty connecting with their bodies.
This 2 day course will cover:
- Grounding techniques and finding a safe place in the body
- Learning tools for transforming difficult sensations and emotions that clients ‘hold’ in their bodies, including working with anxiety and physical pain
- When to work with touch to regulate overwhelming feelings and hyperarousal
- Utilising a variety of exercise to strengthen personal boundaries
- Exploring embodiment and discovering resources through the body
- Using movement to strengthen the mind-body connection
We will draw on different techniques from the practices of somatic experiencing, body psychotherapy, dance and movement psychotherapy, somatic trauma therapy and mindfulness meditation, to enhance the repertoire of interventions that you can apply in your psychotherapeutic work.
In this experiential workshop you will also have the opportunity to explore your own relationship with your body – finding your inner dance between psyche and soma.